How appropriate that today is National Cookie Day, right?!? We are on Day 4 of my 12 Days of Cookies Series and today I'm featuring another one of my Knotties, Kayla, who also write the blog The KNN Life. She's bringing y'all a dairy free cookie, too! Enjoy :)
I have always been curious about Eggnog and never really tried it, so a few years ago I decided I needed to see what the fuss was about. And I hated it. So I had all this leftover eggnog and no clue what to do with it! Here's what I did!
Dairy Free Eggnog Cookies:
2 tbs brown sugar
3/4 cup Smart Balance
1/2 cup Almond milk eggnog
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon nutmeg
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tbs apple sauce
1 ½ cup powdered sugar
4 tablespoons Almond milk eggnog
1. Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C)
2. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
3. Cream sugar and Smart Balance until light
4. Add eggnog, vanilla, and egg yolks; beat at medium speed with mixer until smooth.
5. Add flour mixture and beat at low speed until just combined
7. Spoon onto un-greased cookie sheets or parchment paper (or wax).
8. Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg.
9. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until the edges barely start to brown.
10. While cookies are in the oven, make the eggnog glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar with 4 T eggnog. (less if you want stiffer glaze)
11. Glaze your cookies warm or cooled and top with cinnamon
I'm a Stay At Home Mommy to the coolest little boy ever. I'm also a book lover and a Harry Potter and Disney obsessed sports nerd. I love to cook and bake and attempt to make crafts. For all things random, check out The KNN Life at theknnlife.com or on Instagram theknnlife